Just so you know, I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, but it won’t affect the price you pay at all! I have a full affiliate disclosure that you can find here.
Not interested in making extra money each month? If you couldn’t use an extra hundred bucks ( or more ) a month, then this blog isn’t for you. Want to figure out how to make some extra money sharing products or services you love anyway? Read on!
The number one question that I’m asked about affiliate marketing is: Do I need to have a blog or a big following to get started? Nope!
Yes, having a blog is an excellent way to increase your affiliate marketing income, but it’s not critical to getting started today. Ready to start now? Here are the first five steps that I recommend:
Get Started Now
- Create a business presence on social media. You can create a free Facebook Business Page, Instagram Business Account, Youtube Account, or Pinterest Business account within a few minutes! Which one is best? I recommend that you choose your favorite social media platform that you’re already comfortable using on a personal level. If you’re not sure how to create a business page, each platform has free tutorials to help you get started!
- Start an email list! Yes, even if you don’t have a blog or a product, creating a lead magnet (aka a reason for people to join your list) and an email list where you can reach your target audience is invaluable. Learn more from my blog post here.
- Make a list of your favorite products/services. What do you love and what does your current community or target audience love (if you have one)? I always recommend being an affiliate for the products and services you already use! It makes writing authentic and informed recommendations easy and genuine.
- If you already have a small business, blog or direct sales business, align yourself with products and services that will benefit your current customers. For example, if you sell clothing, becoming an affiliate for your favorite accessories company might make sense for you and your business. Be sure to check your current companies policies and procedures before recommending affiliate products, especially if you’re in a direct sales business.
- Don’t become a spammy sales person! As always, provide your target audience with valuable information, entertainment, and quality recommendations without overloading them with buy this that and the other thing.
What Programs Will Accept Me without a blog?
There are quite a few great affiliate programs that will accept you without a blog or a big following! Grab my free list of affiliate programs to help you get started here. Want to hear me discuss the above strategies? I did a live video on affiliate marketing here. And stay tuned, my affiliate marketing basics course will be launching very SOON!
Afraid you can’t be an ‘influencer’ or affiliate marketer because you don’t have anything of value to share? Think again! I found my favorite back massage tool through a recommendation from another friend with chronic illness. That $30 purchase has changed my life for the better! And since it didn’t cost me any extra to use her affiliate link, why wouldn’t I? It’s a win-win for both of us.
Your life may not look like the Kardashians (mine sure doesn’t), but who you really are is what makes you a relatable person to your friends and network!
Have you started with affiliate marketing? What questions do you have that I can address in future blog posts?